Thursday 30 January 2020

Pamoja Youth Initiative 5th Anniversary


This year 2020, Pamoja Youth Initiative celebrates 5 years as a youth-led organization; the 21st January marked the Anniversary of our formal registration. As part of our 5th Anniversary celebrations, our co-founder and Executive Secretary has taken a few moments to reflect on what has changed over the last 5 years since our establishment:


In some how we started yesterday, I can remember the first day of our operation. It was a really great challenge for us as young people with an abundance of passion to change the lives of our fellow young people, but with limited resources, few staffs who were most of them volunteers and graduates who were also looking for employment elsewhere.
First of all, while we are still a small team, we can proudly say that we have worked a hundred miles and today we can be seen and measured by the work we have done. Now we have an office, some working tools, credible and a dedicated team of volunteers and active members, donors, partners and more importantly beneficiaries whom we have touched their lives and transformed them positively.
Yet, despite the improvements we have made, we are still looking for more partners, knowledge,  to become a more effective and efficient non-profit organization which is more prominent and accountable in fulfilling our mission of serving young people hence contributing to the national building.
As we still remain focused in the area of youth empowerment, we would like to outline some achievement we have made, so far we have directly trained and mentored young people in leadership and personal development, career development,and entrepreneurship. Also with the support from our partners, we successfully renovated Uzini Primary School Library and established reading programs for the students through our Soma Club Project, we created women and youth leadership network through Pamoja Voice Project, we have also acted as a connector for young people –irrespective of their political affiliations, gender, ethnicity, through our monthly public lecture program while cultivating the culture of dialogue, just to mention the few.
To speak only on our achievement and leaving others who have contributed towards our success will not be wise; hence we acknowledge the support of Book for Africa,Zanzibar Library Services, Zanzibar Adventure School, Eqwiphub-Zanzibar, ZAFAYCO, IYSED, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung - Tanzania, International Institute of Environment and Development and Climate Justice Resilience Fund, we are gratefully for their support and encouragement that today we are in a good position, with a diverse, active and outstanding team of staffs (volunteers) and members.
As I reflect back in the last 5 years, with the sense of pride on what we have achieved, I want to remind my colleagues that we should work hard to continue the good work of empowering young people in Zanzibar. We promise the young people in Zanzibar, that good things are still to come!!









1 comment:

  1. I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Pedro ! Pedro and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Pedro is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Pedro was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Pedro and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Pedro and his loan company for any kind of loan.

    Mr, Pedro Loan Offer

    Email- pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    WhatsApp Message: +1 863 231 0632

    ReplyDelete